Benefits of SPRINT
- Identify a potential market for your behavioral intervention
- Gain an appreciation for what it takes to commercialize interventions and the barriers to adoption
- Gain a skillset that can be applied in many situations, including making research more "stakeholder" focused and commercially viable from the outset
- Save time and money by gaining a better understanding of the real value of your intervention from a market perspective
- Expand your network through meaningful interactions with instructors, investors, customers, and mentors
- Receive a budget of $21,750 to cover team travel to Rockville, MD for in-person training, and expenses incurred during the “discovery” phase of the training.
Use of Award Funds
- Funding for the NCI SPRINT Program is $21,750 per award. Recovery of indirect costs (F&A) shall be limited to $6,750.
Terms of award:
- Within the award amount of $21,750, funds must be set aside for up to three team members (the Entrepreneurial Lead, Principle Investigator, and Industry Mentor) to attend:
- Funds should also be set aside for customer discovery activities (primarily to cover the cost of travel to meet potential customers or partners). It is expected that customer discovery travel will be the largest portion of the SPRINT budget.
- Funds do not cover technical R&D work, which includes facility fees or materials and supplies.
- The SPRINT Team grant can typically accommodate short-term, modest financial support for the EL, however, budgeting is at the discretion of the SPRINT team PI receiving the award.
The final report needs to detail the work conducted under the SPRINT Award, the progress and learning made by the team in the reporting period, the outcomes of the work, and the team’s vision for their project post-award. The report should articulate the customer segments explored, what pivots were made, and how the team sees their value proposition and the rest of the business model. This report needs to be submitted to VentureWell within 60 days of the final day of the closeout session.